Currajong Autism & Special Needs Group (CASNG) took on a name change at the start of this year when they oﬃcially became a sub-committee of Currajong Disability Services. This also meant a change with their logo to incorporate the CDS logo.
Under the umbrella of Currajong Disability Services, CASNG are commited to creating AWARENESS of people with special needs, which will create UNDERSTANDING and ultimately bring ACCEPTANCE.
Highlights for the 2016/17 ﬁnancial year include –
* October 2016 – Relay for Life with $634 raised for the Cancer Council.
* November 2016 – Celebrating Neurodiversity event raises $10,000 for CASNG as well as nomination for ‘Community Event of the Year’ at the Parkes Australia Day awards.
* November 2016 – John Holland Charity Golf Day raised $20,000 for CASNG.
* December 2016 – Byrne’s Clothing BBQ raises $220 for CASNG and $500 cheque also presented to CASNG.
* January 2017 – All gold coin donations from Elvis Photo Competition go to CASNG totalling $800.
* March 2017 – CASNG help launch 10 Buddy Benches (above) with help from Whitney’s Welding & Bobcat Hire to promote inclusion in schools.
* April 2017 – World Autism Awareness Month launched with Parkes Dish lit up blue. BBQ and cake stall raised $1908.25 for CASNG.
* May 2017 – CASNG favourite and facilitator Deb Collier resigns.
* June 2017 – Talent Quest Neon Disco run by Twinkle Toes Dance Studio Parkes with $700 donated to CASNG.
* September 2017 – $6300 grant to CASNG for Sue Larkey Behaviour Workshop.